Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Wishlist Item no. 1,099


I've been busy lately doing things and running around in my little world that I didn't have much time left to dilly-dally with my usual leisurely pursuits. So last night I was browsing around and I came upon these wonderful bags by a young Pinay designer named Cathy de Leon in her website: http://cathysbags.com/ and I must admit I am smitten. I love the fact that it's less pricey than other local designers, like Aranaz, but the quality is just as good. I also love the fact that its limited, and for an old-fashioned modista-loving girl, that's a big come-on for me. Since I love prints and colors and I'm currently purging a bit of it from my wardrobe and stocking on the basics, the temptation to be more outrageous with my accessories is just too much. After all, I need to have some outlet for my color cravings. Unlike my sisters (and yes, I am talking to you ate honey), I am not such a snob with labels and brands especially with bags. I believe when you fall in love, you fall in love, despite what the pricetag says. I am thinking of getting the "isabelle" for some obvious reasons. I'm also infatuated with clutch bags right now which is all the rage. I particularly love Rafe's metallics and the ever-snooty, impossibly expensive Celestina miniaudieres although I think I might just get a similar one at the SM balikbayan/filipiniana department, hehe.


Anyway, less than a month and I'll be back in Chicago and this time, I'm excited, too much actually mainly because of my niece. I'm also off to one of my life's biggest and most important hunts: my wedding dress. I still have no idea what designs and elements I want in my gown. But I'm comforted with the fact that the pursuit is just like finding your true love, when you know, you just know. =)


No comments: