Thursday, September 4, 2008

they grow up so fast!




I'm all about my nieces these days and they are such a joy! Our little Yanca is the sweetest, funniest little baby and she loves to smile a lot and cuddle. Surprisingly, she also loves kissing and hugging Cheska and never had a jealous tantrum over the new baby on the block. She's a handful these days because she's more curious about her surroundings and explores a lot but when I'm so exasperated with her and reprimand her, she just smiles at me and hugs me that make everything all well. Yanca loves holding my hand while walking. Its so rewarding to feel a tiny, hopeful hand in mine. She is so trusting yet it is also I she was guiding: seeing the world again through fresh eyes. Cheska and Yanca make my world these days a bit chaotic and too domestic for my taste yet they also remind me of the most basic and simple joys in life: those genuine smiles, baby scent and soft cuddles.

No comments: