Saturday, May 29, 2010

He wakes me up in the morning.

The hubby is abominably chirpy in the morning. He is a typical morning person who is even at the top of the morning–persons-spectrum. He loves making breakfasts and waking me up but since I’m nocturnal and stay up until the wee hours, I’m terrible in the mornings. That is the reason why I love sunrise more than sunsets…it is a scarce part of my day.

But today I woke up earlier, a very uncommon thing. We are at some remote hotel 2,500 feet above sea level. I went outside to our private balcony and savored the dewy morning I rarely see in the City. I loved the pinky swirls of the clouds, a signal of a new day. I watched them as it gets brighter while a thousand and one thoughts ran through my head.

7 years. Wow
.

I practically grew up with him. We became a couple when I was 19…and I’ve known him since forever.

He remembers how I looked like when I was 3 with a top mass of curly hair.
Beat that.

Sometimes it makes me wonder if we can run out of stories to tell.

Then I looked again outside, eager to wake him up and tell him about what I saw, what I thought about…What excites me for the coming months…

I guess I never really have to worry about running out of stories.

No comments: