Sunday, January 30, 2011

I know you know who you are...or do you, really?

There's a fine line between imitation and inspiration. As designers, maybe unwittingly we find ourselves often making the mistake of overstepping this line.

I for one, always try to absorb designs that appeal to me and try to incorporate them to my aesthetics and my personal design: the aesthetics that have evolved in my years of learning and trying. I truly believe it is a form of flattery to to be imitated but somehow isn't it insulting for you, Ms. G., to call yourself a "designer" but week after week you produce collections that are suspiciously similar to the ones I previously created and mind you, only posted a few weeks before? Goodness, even how you supposedly call some stones like wealth ship is so obvious...because that's not how it is called in the mainstream market...except in my site. Btw, it's usually called a money bar for your info.

I am all for collaboration and the upliftment of our craft and art but I am also so against plagiarism and copying. I had clients before that are now bead enthusiasts themselves and I am more than happy to help them out and assist them because this is not just a business for me but a passion.

So, I challenge you. Can you show me more than what I have seen before in my own albums? Can you find more materials to work with that are not found in my site, materials from the items you have purchased from me before? Can you really represent your own taste, your own aesthetics?

For a brief time that I got acquainted with you, I sensed a sweet and kind person. I sincerely hope you are only doing this to find your own personal style and not to spite anyone else but trying to copy everything that I create is not something I really appreciate.

By the by, we will be releasing a new line this week or next week, I hope I can't trust in your consistency and see those designs and elements soon as well in yours. ;)

I sincerely hope you find your personal style, the one that's really yours. Good luck.

No comments: