Sunday, August 2, 2009



It was my grandpa’s 40th day from his passing yesterday. Days went by in a blur. I can hardly believe it myself that it had been 40 days already. I was kind of dreading going back since I might break down again and cry and I’m happy to report it wasn’t the case at all. I was glad to see my grandma healthier, plumper and even a bit happier than the past few years. We were happier this time around, my cousins and I, although as Pao had noted, I was still by far the noisiest among the bunch. I guess since my sisters are far, I have always been the designated leader even if I’m not the eldest. It has always been that way.

I went back to his room and found out all of his things were already moved out. I couldn’t sense his presence anymore. His scent no longer lingers in his room. It seemed as if his room had been abandoned for quite some time already. Even the furniture had been moved out. It felt empty...yet peaceful. I felt quite at peace as I was standing there alone. I was still a bit sad and although I will always miss him, I am more aware and accepting of his passing.

A lot of things happen in such a short while. Life moves on. Memories stay.

No comments: