Monday, February 21, 2011

Amezcua Spa

Last week was crazy for me. It was hands-down the busiest time for me this year so far with the launching of the major project, my line sheet prod, the presscon sponsorship and other meetings squeezed in between. By the end of the week, I was so haggard, I swear my skin was gray. I luckily don't break out with pimples but I turn ashen and mottled with red patches whenever stressed. Gray and red don't work too well for me. :/

So I was determined to spend a better half of this week taking care of myself. I scheduled a whole day treatment at Amezcua spa. Amezcua spa is a medical spa with alternative medical treatments and holistic approach when it comes to healing. I purchased an Urban detox package, Lymphatic Drainage Massage, an aromatherapy Massage and an Acupuncture session scheduled for next week since we can't fit in everything for just one day.
The first step was meeting with Dr. Soledad for a live blood analysis which is unlike the diagnostic exams we have at clinics, its more of assessing the quality of your blood based on your lifestyle and diet. Surprisingly, the assessment I got was the same one Paolo got from a medical clinic a few weeks ago which makes sense because we have the same diet and lifestyle.

The other treatments are not all done to make you feel relaxed or sleepy. Not at all.
I was yelping more than a few times during the Lymphatic Drainage massage because it hurt and that coming from a massage addict. But afterwards, I felt oddly refreshed and relieved. The treatment rooms are nice, clean and relaxing and all the attendants are really accommodating and well-trained. They have registered nurses as part of the staff and that made me feel safe. =) I know I'm biased but I like my spa that way.

The last part of the treatment, I was taught about a few things and was given copies for the flushing diet that I need to do. I had a session with the Doctor about the diet that I would follow, the schedule, the activities as well as the supplements I need to take. That more than motivated me to get back on track.




Having parents who are into fitness and proper diet, I used to be so particular with my weight and health. Looking back at the last 7 years, I sadly got out of track mainly because I have a good husband who doesn't notice the difference whether I am all spruced up or dressed down. Eating out every night is also a major problem since we are a busy couple and we only have evenings to catch up on each other's day, I sadly don't cook regularly because of my sched so we have no choice. I wanted to get back on track and It's 7 years worth of undoing but at least I had a great start at the spa. I just hope its really a start for me of a healthier lifestyle. =)

No comments: