Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Today is everything.

The past few days had been sad for both our families. One of my distant cousins passed away so unexpectedly. He was just uploading photos in facebook hours before and didn't wake up anymore in the morning.
I guess that thing about him using facebook hours before his death stayed with me because it was just something so mundane, something we do, thoughtlessly. He didn't know he only had hours left.
It made me realize more that life is so uncertain, you have to make the most out of it. Everyday, every moment is a gift.

Our Tita Lumeng as well, Pao's beloved aunt passed away yesterday. It was really a sad day, getting the news about her passing reminded me again of my Grandpa and how I felt learning about his death. When someone close to you dies, it feels somehow surreal. You can still picture out in your mind so vividly her face, her smile, her voice but knowing you will never see those again, never hear her speak again is just sad. We will miss her. She lived her life so generously and I am so happy having had the privilege of knowing her.

Life is a gift. Everyday is a celebration. Sometimes we get too caught up with everyday routine and frivolities and forget how fragile life is and in the grand scheme of things...how little time we have on earth.
I used to be scared of getting older. I dread the thought of looking old. Now I realize how foolish that is.
I promise to be that kind of woman who embraces all her years.
There is nothing to envy about the young but the promise of the future. Now, I only envy those who were able to live their life so thoroughly. Today is everything.

******************************************************

Today is a celebration for us all the more because it is the birthday of the man who makes me laugh endlessly. Happy birthday my Paolo. I love you and my life with you.

No comments: