Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Project 1: Hunter's Playroom


I've been busy with my little projects right now and most of them are about home improvement.
When we came back from the States, in less than two weeks, we had the house sanitized, the window screens and air cooling appliances replaced, the floor rugs and carpet changed and the cabinets organized.
Yes, I am turning into my mother.

I'm halfway done with Hunter's Play room. We are still waiting for all his stuff we sent here through a courier when we were in the States and Its taking too long! I can't wait to finish his animal/jungle theme  play area. Anyway, so far so good.

I still have to replace the Yo Gabba Gabba rug, I'm thinking of an animal print one but my sister Hazel says its an overkill, pun intended. :/ We'll see as we go along fixing the room.

I especially love the monkeys "hanging" from his toy shelves. There were actually six monkeys but I only included five. My sisters and brother know why. Hehe =)



I'm done with just one corner but I think the overall theme is coming along well.
 I used to want a vintage-y, soft color baby theme but I read somewhere that vibrant, loud colors are appreciated by babies more and contribute well to their development.


Loved that Hunter sign from Hunter's Mama Hazel who is also the one checking me all the time if I started working on his play room already. Ayan na po, madame.
What can I say?  Hunter has four mommies (Thankfully, though =)). 


I still have to wait for most of his stuff but I'm happy with how things are going. I'm simultaneously working on our room upstairs to make it comfortable for us three since we are co-sleeping with the baby. I'll post photos of that too soon. 


I just want the best possible environment for the little one. I must admit, I am enjoying these little projects!

No comments: