Sunday, August 23, 2009

PRAY FOR ME. I would nod and smile indulgently. I used to hear this many times before from all sorts of people. We say this also often enough it has become an expression of some sort: Maybe a way to open up about something bigger, something wonderful or at times, something more severe.

I’ve thought about the countless times I’ve heard this in the past from people I’ve known at some point in my life. And the very few times I prayed for their intention.
Honestly, there were just very few. Sure, I will send out positive vibes, I’m actually good at being happy for others. But prayers are more personal, more direct, and something private between me and God. It was not intentionally done. I just had a long list to consult with HIM, along the way I forgot about praying for them.

Elijah Rocco came into our lives and I’ve never appreciated other people’s prayers until now. Now, when somebody asks me to pray for her, I immediately do: Offer one Lord’s Prayer for her intentions. I have learned this is an effective way of making do with my promise to really pray for someone.

PLEASE PRAY FOR OUR ELIJAH. Please help us, we believe prayers can move mountains.

No comments: