Thursday, February 19, 2009

WE'RE ALMOST THERE.


Sometimes I still can’t believe that exactly next month at the exact hour, I’m a married woman. I’m a Missus. I’m a Yason.
I’m so excited about married life for so many reasons. Even though Pao and I had been together for more than 5 years and we’ve known each other since forever, we never went on vacations and getaways together. We both come from traditional families, up until now; I still have a curfew that would put a high school freshman to shame. Every time Pao had a barkada getaway, he was the only one who didn’t have a partner and his friends would tease him about it, his price to pay for having a younger GF (although I must say, I think he is secretly proud of it) and I’m even prouder about the fact that it was never an issue for him. Before, I was embarrassed to admit it to friends. I come from a liberal environment in college and I’ve always thought sharing these details would be pointless since no one would believe me anyway. But I’m quite proud of it now. I really appreciate my parents for setting up for us the standards, for raising the bar. My papa gave us grand debuts on the premise that we will be married in the same fashion and even more and of course, to a man who would do anything for us, just the way he did. Not because they have to but because they want to. I couldn’t have asked for a better man who embodies all these. And I want my future daughter to feel the same way someday. I love the fact that my fiancé is a one great groom. For the last nine months, he immersed himself in all these wedding brouhahas like a real man. I never heard him complain about the girliness and the pointlessness of it all. He shared my excitement, all the nitty-gritty details, my vision and all my dramas and even so much more than I expected not so much because he’s into weddings at all but because he loves me and he knows that this is what I want and deserve. AND FOR THAT PAOLO ANTONIO, I’m deeply in love with you. THANK YOU.

These make me more excited about being married: going on looong vacations, travelling since I know Pao loves travelling, seeing the places we’ve always wanted to see together, cooking dinner for each other, staying up soooo late and having no curfew finally! Hehehe. And I know that these will be so much sweeter because we will be doing these only AFTER the veil is lifted. ;)

No comments: