Saturday, October 1, 2011

Oh baby, the places you will go...

Last week, we woke up very early Saturday morning. It was the day we will find out about what we are having as our first child.


This is me all spiffed up. I didn't know that me wanting to wear a blue dress that day was actually a sign! ;)
I lost another 2 pounds upon check up. Although my OB wasn't too concerned about it since the baby is growing on time. Goodness I lost so much weight since the beginning of my pregnancy! Surprisingly, I don't have the same appetite as before. I was expecting I'll be more voracious but no.



We were the first couple at my Doctor's clinic! Yay!

It didn't take too long to see what we are having. The little peanut proudly showed Mama and Papa that he is no doubt, a boy!

Paolo and I were just bubbling with joy the whole time, laughing for no apparent reason while just looking at the screen and seeing our baby move. I looked at my husband and saw his face lit up upon hearing "It's a boy!"



It didn't sink in at first but after a while...I got nervous. I was expecting that we were having a girl and for a while, I felt a bit lost. I was so confident before specially when people warn me about the first time having kids.

I'm so used to taking care of baby girls. I took care of my two nieces, a newborn Cheska and even spent one summer in Chicago during my school break babysitting a baby girl.
I thought of my brother Josh but its been a long time and I was also young when he was born. My relationship with him is more of a "barkada."

It will also be the first time in Pao's side that they are having a boy for a first child.
It is very exciting and new yet a bit scary now that it has sunk in. It is only now that we realize that oh my, we are really having a baby and a baby boy at that.

They say raising a baby boy is much easier than raising a girl. Maybe because of the cleaning up and dressing up part, people are more relaxed with boys. But now I'm thinking how do you find the balance with raising a man?

How do you comfort a boy without coddling him? How do you raise a strong boy yet a sensitive one? How do I teach him to soar his wings yet remain grounded?

I'm getting ahead of myself! For now, I will just enjoy and look forward to a little baby and trust that we will learn along the way.

1 comment:

Mrs. T said...

The little man is surely blessed to have such good-natured (and ahem, good-looking) parents.The best answers to your questions on raising a gentleman will come from your mother in law who raised one herself.♥