Sunday, January 15, 2012

a nice-smelling baby for me please.

First, I'm really thankful for a very supportive and caring family.

I just realized today how we are so taken care of, my baby and I and Pao as well. I mean, families are supposed to be that way after all but I've never been more thankful enough that I have this group of people by our side. Sometimes we take our family for granted and now that I'm starting my own, I realized how grateful I am (and the hubby as well) for the one I came from.

My very awesome sisters are planning to throw a baby shower for me. Since its a shower and I have nothing to do with it except to show up and enjoy, I'm so excited.
They had been asking me for my wish list of baby stuff and I just realized---I really don't have one! Up until a few weeks ago, I've never been the one to daydream about the latest baby gadgets and designer strollers. All I know is both my husband and I don't like frilly, cutesy stuff for our baby boy. No teddy bears, pastels and overalls for him!

So this upcoming baby shower made me so excited to look at things that will be needed by the baby. I realized I'm almost 8 months into my pregnancy and we haven't even started shopping yet for our son. No big ticket items yet nor little, cutesy baby clothes aside from a few gifts here and there. Up until some days ago my sister Hazel was the one more excited shopping for baby stuff for me. Thanks, tel for the head start. I love them all.

Now I'm raring to go. I figured it'll be much harder to get hold of stuff that we like once we go back in Manila so that means serious buying (hoarding?) for us and at the same time major self-control.

Two things though that I'm really quite sure about:

One, is I want to prepare the baby food myself, something I am sure about even before I got preggy. I remember deciding on this when a major brand had a big product recall about a year ago because of pieces of glass found on the jars inside. Urband legend or not, I'm not taking chances. Hence a baby bullet is a must-have on my list.



Next is exclusively using Johnsons bath products for my baby because a nice-smelling baby is one of the best things in the world. =D

I like to think I am an experienced babysitter. Aside from getting plenty of practice from nieces and nephews, I babysat for other people's babies here in Illinois during my summer break from school.
And one thing I found out--- Only Johnson's baby products "enhance" that lovely baby scent. I've encountered enough baby bath products, expensive ones, organic ones, etc. etc. and I came to conclusion its just Johnson's for my little one. Of course I'll use other brand products from time to time but for the most part, its just J and J for the bath stuff.


Can't wait for the hubby to get here! Two more nights!

No comments: