Tuesday, December 2, 2008

wedding updates


Paolo and I met up with our entourage florist the other day. Ms. Jo of Love in Bloom is such a darling. I’m excited with her designs and more so with my bridal bouquet! I realized I wanted something romantic and classic and I’m sure that’s what I’m going to get. I’ve been really OC with my suppliers that’s why when I found out about Love in Bloom and saw their past works; we just had to get them. Paolo was really funny and adorable being clueless and lost in the meeting and all. After all we were talking about peonies, ranunculus, lily of the valley, Ecuadorian roses, and nosegays, (definitely NO gerberas leaves and mums please!) Etc.etc. Something that I’m quite sure he just heard for the first time in his life.
I’m slowly getting back into the wedding groove. It’s been a week today since I got back and so far we have accomplished a lot. We were able to meet up with our photographer and we are presently coming up with our Pre-nup photo shoot concept. Pao and I are really hoping to have the shoot in our Beloved Roxas, Oriental Mindoro. It will be really meaningful and memorable for us and for our family (not to mention, fun) but it is proving to be logistically impossible and way expensive to have whole crew and camera equipments shipped all the way to the southern parts of Mindoro considering it isn’t part of our budget. Although It would mean a lot to his tatay especially since we wanted to have a tribute for him in this wedding as well as my papa who are both true-blue Roxas kids and “magkababata’s.” We are looking at other alternatives and I’m trying not to be a spoiled brat and feel all dire about it. We have also chosen the French wine we will be serving in the wedding. Although I wouldn’t know how to tell the tastes, this area is definitely Pao’s: French, since Paolo loves all things French (for some reason) and wine of course, since he proposed to me on a wine cellar, so it only makes sense. =)
I’m trying to finish everything so I can have the last month as my “fun month” before the wedding. My sisters are coming home as well as my nieces and my would-be nephew. I’m so excited. I feel like I’m in a perpetual state of excitement and I’ll be this way probably for the next few years. =)

No comments: