Tuesday, January 20, 2009

busted!




I was pissed off when Pao and I got stopped by the traffic cops at exactly 12 noon (hmmm) just around the time we were to meet our cake designer. By just looking at them, I highly doubt that they habitually miss their lunch due to their conscientious public service. I’m more annoyed by the fact that the cops were so rude and it was just so obvious that they were “power-tripping”. There was no sign that says “one way”, so we wouldn’t know even if our lives depended on it. We should be the ones complaining. Such a waste of Filipinos’ taxes, these people (Big, spruced-up bikes, orange shirts ? jackets in the tropics...). It was just a bit too suspicious that they were 4 in the group and it was a busy time at the main Taft road but they were hanging around the small street, seemingly waiting for unsuspecting victims. I was so ready to argue and Paolo knowing my innate distrust with these people (and my lack of patience) decided to just go out of the car and straighten out the situation. I know that there are a few good men out there. I still hope, but such circumstances make me more cynical. I felt so angry yet so helpless, I just took pictures. What more can we do?

No comments: