Sunday, October 17, 2010

Bookmark thought

It's been a week since I last wrote here. Lately, my posts had been about how busy I am but this past week, was a week of retrospection. Once in a while, we all have those moments when we stop and think about the things happening in our lives.

Being a perfectionist that I am, I tend to over-analyze things: from the most random stuff such as my choice of purchases (buyer's remorse) to more frustrating things such as conversations with people (as if I would really know what they were thinking about).

Even though I am aware of such foibles in my personality, I tend to forge them in my life, not so much by choice but out of habit. Knowing what's bad for me is sometimes not enough to break the pattern. It just so much easier and much more familiar I guess to keep on doing what I'm used to. I guess I'm a victim of an old adage that says there is safety in familiarity.
But the problem with overanalyzing things is that it never stops. Overanalyzing things branch out to different directions, pointing out to more complicated and unchartered path that requires further examination. The past week, I found myself mentally locked and exhausted overthinking things and worrying so much about choices, plans and decisions.
After running around for quite some time, I stopped more out of exhaustion (and exasperation), and it finally dawned on me.


It is what it is.

The past week being a bit emotionally taxing for me made me arrive to this conclusion and I choose not to dwell on the negative side anymore. I guess I should trust more the Divine Plan even though at times, I get just a tad confused with surprise twists and turns.
I am too busy controlling every dot when I should enjoy every comma, every glide and marvel at the unfolding of things.

I realize when you count your blessings and fill your life with so much love and gratitude---there won't be enough room for resentment.

After all, Life is too short and too beautiful to focus on so much negativity (like worrying just a bit too much). ☺

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I totally agree, I worry too much too and think about the WHAT IFS and WHAT COULD HAVE BEEN... and then I realized life is much too precious and TOO short for such worthless thoughts... It is what it is..:)