Monday, June 25, 2012

Monday Musings


 I am enjoying my days right now. I’ve always loved owning my schedule but I must admit, I am extra loving it these days with my little mister.
I have always been extra (and annoyingly) diligent with whatever endeavor I deem important but I am taking this domesticated WAHM to another level.
I figured I have been given the privilege of having a choice to work or not and I have to make the most out of it.
There are days though when I wonder if I made different decisions and how different my life would be if I did.

Choosing to stay at home, I have to constantly remind myself, is not an excuse to slack off but a privilege and an opportunity to make the best possible environment and home life for my family. I want them to feel like always running back home at the end of the day. That doesn’t mean I will never work outside home again for the rest of my life but for now, I can’t imagine being far away from Hunter’s smiles.
One lesson I learned from my mother that I love to always remind myself is doing your best with whatever you have right now.  I used to ask her which is her favorite time in her life so far and she always answered the same thing: all the stages.  That is because your life now is your only time.

Sometimes we tend to feel unmotivated thinking we are in a transition.
That will just do better in the future when we are already living the lives we planned for ourselves, when we are already living in the house that we dreamed of or doing things that we have always wanted without thinking that one of life's sharpest paradoxes is that our brightest future hinges on our ability to pay attention to what is happening in the present. 
Life is lived in moments.

Today, I will cuddle with Hunter a little bit longer and feel thankful and blessed of everything I have now.

No comments: