Friday, September 14, 2012

Candle Favorites

I've been obsessing about this certain seasonal scent from Bath and Body works' Candle collection. The scent is called Leaves and from my understanding, this only comes out during fall-winter seasons. I've been reading and hearing so much about it from my favorite bloggers and vloggers.


Now, I love Candles and scents and always stock up on my favorite scents whenever I'm in Illinois so I can have a year-round supply while in Manila. Naturally, I get really interested about candles with a certain cult following. :/
My collection as of the moment


My favorites are Yankee Black Cherry, Lavander Vanilla, Snickerdoodle from Swans Creek Candle Co. and Anything that smells like Fall and Christmas but somehow all the rich scents that I bring back here don't translate well in our humid weather. They smell sickeningly sweet that makes me rather dizzy.

Now, after obsessing for quite sometime looking for this particular Autumn scent, I was able to find a lone local seller in ebay. I wasted no time buying and trying the Leaves scent---I love it! It is just so perfect, smells like a lighter yet just as yummy version of my (and my sister Marivi's) favorite soy candle bought in a specialty shop in downtown Downers' Grove. This particular soy candle is so expensive at $25 plus tax for a mere 12 oz.

Some of my favorite fall scents from Swans Creek and Yankee Candle Store.
Leaves is just the perfect alternative. I would stock on that scent next year. The scent is described as "Like an afternoon spent playing in a pile of freshly fallen leaves, this fragrance embodies all the richness of the season and features a medley of ripe delicious apples, red berries and golden nectar." But somehow I smell some Vanilla notes in it.
Love, love, love.



No comments: