Saturday, September 1, 2012

Eating time! =)

I can't believe its been two weeks since I started feeding Hunter solid food!

I knew I would be very particular about this. I breastfed exclusively for his first six months and I must say, it was hard, you have to be really committed to it.
Breastfeeding in itself takes a lot of effort more so, breastfeeding exclusively.

There were nights and days, I wanted to give in and give him formula thinking just this once.
Good thing I have a very supportive husband who made everything easy for me.
Strong support is a requirement to be really committed.

Of course, to each her own. For some mommies, its better to mix the feedings or give formula entirely. 
I say just like with everything else in raising a child, it depends on your choices and convictions.

Anyway, two weeks ago was like a graduation of some sort for me and Hunter. I was a bit emotional for a few days, feeling as if I was letting him take his first step of independence by eating something other than his mommy's milk. Pardon the first-tima mama dramas.
I was excited for him as well and just as enthusiastic to use all of my feeding props!
For the last six months and up until now, we are yaya-less but complete with all the basic baby helpers you can buy.
I had a big Medela Pump, the portable one, nursing covers, boppy pillows, substantial entertainment props, carriers and a stroller that has more features than our old car.  =/

This time, our baby bullet and high chair take the center stage.

No fuss, easy to clean high chair from Ikea. =)

We also opted for a no-fuss, no-fabric high-chair for easy clean-ups. I must admit though, the main reason also is for the aesthetic purpose. I don't want an eyesore in our dining area.

For now, I am feeding all-organic food for Hunter. I prepare all his meals but still not particular with keeping schedules since I fed him by demand the last six months.



Who knew coming up with recipes for baby food can be so exciting and fulfilling? Haha.
Every stage is just so exciting. I feel fortunate I am there all the time, front and center witnessing every little thing. =)

No comments: