Monday, March 17, 2014

Monday Musings

Just Start.

This applies to anything in life. I’ve been slacking off, putting off doing things. Always thinking I deserve the break and there’s ample time. I was sadly reminded that that’s not the case.

My dog died today and it was the saddest I’ve been in a long while. I wasn’t expecting it would hit me as hard because although we’ve had pets before, I’ve never been this attached and invested to a dog before. My golden lab was the sweetest, most playful dog in the world and when Paolo called to tell me about the bad news, I just bawled for the whole morning. I realized I was crying also because I took for granted the time he was with me, thinking we had more.

So now, I am reminded of something I’ve always known, have always worked for me and yet I keep on forgetting: Just Start.

Start writing again, start on my projects I’ve put off, start on Hunter’s lessons, start on my workout regimen, JUST START and keep moving forward.

I’ll miss you Bullet. Thanks for all the happy times.


No comments: