Monday, July 27, 2009


I’ve been doing my charms for quite a while now and I’ve been thankful that it’s been worthwhile. I get so much reward by doing something that I love. When I get bulk orders for resellers and events such as weddings, I feel such fulfillment getting paid for something that love doing and more importantly, something that I created. But I think getting compliments from direct buyers is the most gratifying of all. It may not recompense as much but the joy of seeing someone appreciate my designs and my work is very, very heartwarming.

I recently got an email from an American whose boss went to the Philippines for a business trip and purchased a bracelet from one of my resellers. She was so smitten that she had to get one herself even though shipping actually cost a bit more than the actual item itself. These are the times that really make my day and actually make me even happier than getting a month’s worth order in a week. For reals.

My friends ask me how it all began. My little hobby turned to a budding business had a very organic growth. From making bag charms and simple accessories for my families and friends, I now sometimes get overwhelmed with orders and at times, I still get nervous thinking if I’m compromising my own tastes. I’m slowly attending to the business side of it all because it’s hard to reconcile both commerce and quality. I did invest a lot; there were times before that the capital was more than the actual selling price just so I could deliver better. But more importantly, I think it’s the sense of fulfillment and love for anything we do that make it all worthwhile.

I’m hoping to do this for as long as I can.

No comments: