Saturday, September 12, 2009

Assad Mounser


I love visual stimulations. I get inspirations from all sorts of design aesthetics. I’ve always been drawn to soft palettes, the sort of non-colors: creamy pinks, grayish greens and lavenders, muted yellows and soft blues. In interior designing I always try emulate the French Country Design Philosophy and shabby chic sentiments. I’m obsessed with Rococo Art. I’ve always been described as a girly-girl by my family and friends and they know when something is frilly and truly “Isabel.”

But when it comes to accessories, I’m loud and proud. I love chunky pieces: Something edgy yet feminine at the same time. In a way, that is what I try to achieve in my own designs. I adore whimsy, femininity and colors. I love the Alice in Wonderland feel.

One of my favorite accessory designers is ASSAD MOUNSER. I love her over-the-top aesthetics that work out as a whole. They are a hodgepodge of different charms and stones that you won’t normally think would look good together, but as a whole they blend beautifully. I just love the contrasts, the layering, the femininity yet edginess at the same time, the bursts of colors and textures. The A/W 09 collection is amazing. Very, very inspiring.

No comments: