Sunday, September 27, 2009

1st thought: cozy, rain.
2nd thought: yay, my class may be suspended.
3rd thought: when will this stop? I need to do a lot of things…
4th thought: the flood’s getting higher…people will be stranded
5th thought (and when the water starts coming in): oh my...this is not happening…
Reaching thigh-high: scared for my bags. scared for our things. scared for the house. Finally: scared for our lives.
I was preparing my most precious belongings and thinking how I can haul them along. Then we had to leave everything, just us and our wellbeing intact, the most important thing. It’s a wonder when something this big happens to anyone and for a split second you think you can lose everything, is when your perspective becomes so much clearer.
Please pray for so many families who have lost so much.

1 comment:

hazel and ej said...

i am so glad you and the whole family over there are okay.. yes, praying for all the victims of this terrible typhoon...
stay safe always, i love you