Tuesday, March 30, 2010

cocooning



We went to a friend’s bachelor pad. His unit is at the 35th floor of a condo in Ortigas. Sometimes, I still pine for high-rise living. I’ve always been a City girl and I dreamt of living in the heart of the Metro in one of the top floors. But then, things don’t always turn out as you planned.

Pao and I go back and forth from our place to my parents’ place. I remember I was so enthusiastic last year sprucing up my new home and we did get a head start then Ondoy came and sadly, we we’re one of those affected. After cleaning up somehow my other home improvement plans got moved on the back burner. Then my bead business got bigger than I anticipated and now I miss being domestic. My parents’ place is very nice and cozy and I must admit I sometimes get a little bit comfy here than I should but of course this has been my home for the last 23 years…it’s not ours. It’s my parents’ place. It’s my brother’s someday. It still feels a bit weird to be sleeping beside Paolo in my childhood bedroom but ironically, it’s also the place where we felt we were really newlyweds because we were left alone to our own devices.

When we were little, my sisters and I are inseparable. All four of us shared a room and these days, sometimes, I still can’t believe that all four of us have our own different homes now with our own families. My Ate Tiff is moving to a really nice house in the Suburbs in Illinois (still near Downers Grove) and I’m just so excited for her.

My husband has been berating (strong word) me to go back home which is just 15 minutes away from my parents’ place, thank goodness.
I’m motivated again to continue with my unfinished home improvement ideas. I just wish this time, I can really follow through with my domestic, wifey plans.
I love having projects! This will be my summer project...I'll let you guys now how it goes. =)

No comments: