Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Our 7th year



It was our 7th year together as a couple and we decided to celebrate it in the Andanita Taj of Tagaytay. I’ve always wanted to try small, boutique hotels and this somewhat roped me in since I first read about it in Preview…I had high expectations. Let’s just say we’re definitely not coming back to that place. I was so annoyed at myself for not calling earlier for a reservation at The Boutique in Tagaytay instead, same price for the suite but a different experience altogether.

We stayed at the Maharashtra, supposedly their presidential suite but really it was nothing more than a bigger room with some naughty framed pictures beside the dining area. My first thought was: “Really?! What if there are kids staying in the room?” I was bothered to say the least.
Although I must say, the view from our room was spectacular. I loved our private viewing deck.



We had our dinner at The Boutique since I wanted to try their Hawaiian back ribs. YUMM-MMMY. They have huge servings and we weren’t able to finish both our meal.



Next day, I woke up early and I was more than ready to go. The breakfast was really just measly slices of bread with butter and cucumber which totally annoyed me so much since they were supposed to be a bed and breakfast. We were very hungry by 10 am and we seriously craved for good old Sonya’s Garden. I really love this place. I never get tired of their food and the ambiance each time. We plan to come back for an overnighter again before flying to Az.




So that’s our 7th year. Not really much compared to last year’s Mactan but hey, it’s the company that counts. ;)

No comments: