Wednesday, September 21, 2011

On to less serious stuff: My beauty haul for the week.

I've been busy the past few days but still had to keep it light and slow down when things get a bit more frantic than usual.
Our little niece Trish (from the Yason side) stayed with us over the weekend. We had fun and Pao was actually very happy to have spent time with Trish exclusively for the first time the whole weekend.

The first few days of the week was spent tidying and rearranging things in the house, I wasn't able to write a few entries. I guess I'm nesting since most of my time right now is spent preparing the house and cleaning up. I'm becoming my mother, I'm now a neat-freak who loves to redecorate all the time.

On down days when I have no choice but to take things easy and rest, I find myself watching youtube a lot. I've noticed I've been really into make-up tutorials and watching beauty hauls that got me into buying new stuff this week that I've watched from their reviews.
I decided I'll make a mini beauty haul myself =)
Tandadadan...




As I've said in my previous post, I'm forcing myself to focus on other things (girly things) to prevent myself from researching and worrying to much. (Two things you often do when you have nothing else to do but rest!) I've been switching to organic bath products while I'm pregnant and decided to get a few things from Lush this week.




I went and got myself the Sultana of Soaps which I love, the Lemslip soap (too lemon-y for me), the Sugar Babe Sugar Body scrub (I have yet to try), the Lip Sugar scrub (a total waste of money--I could have made my own scrub), and their Imperialis face moisturizer. I've never had a break-out before and my skin is the least of my concerns but since my second month, I've broken out so much.
My skin breaking out is something new and I've never even had this when I was a teenager. I'm hoping Imperialis works out for me...so far so good.






I'm sad that I've almost finished my Mac Wonderwoman Marquise'd nude lipstick so I went out to look for a new replacement. I found two from Revlon which is from their Colorburst line. I love Revlon Colorburst line. I have 6 tubes and counting and already went through two tubes. This time, I picked up Soft Nude which speaks for itself and a new shade: Petal which I really, really love. It's a soft pink nude that works well with my warm/medium complexion.
I got a Revlon Super Lustrous lip gloss in Pink 180. I don't like it though as much. It's too sticky for me. The SA was just able to convince me that it would look nice with my color. I don't have a complaint with the pigment though, I just don't like the consistency.





I also got the Coralista from Benefit from my sweet H.S. schoolmate Cierre who resells make-up not available locally.

I love it! I love the brush, the scent and the shade as well as the packaging. The shade actually looked a bit bright for me in the box but I was pleasantly surprised to find out that it was sheer once applied on my face. It's a warm color and it gives you a healthy glow.
Another must-have is a Kabuki brush that I've been meaning to buy for the longest time, I got one from Suesh which is about 1/3 of the price of Mac brushes. I'm not new to using Suesh brushes and applicators. I have other high-end applicators and Suesh's quality is similar if not the same.

I think I got a little more than the usual this week! Beauty hauls are so much fun to watch in youtube. Be careful though because you might end up buying more than you actualy need!

I really think I'm more maarte than usual and Pao have noticed my lips are brighter than usual even inside the house hehe. I guess I'm just trying to have fun right now than just be miserable with all the nausea, morning sickness and whatnots. =)

No comments: