Sunday, August 26, 2012

***


Been watching the ANC Special for Jesse Robredo. 
I really don’t have much choice because that’s all Paolo watch and talk about these days. 
Coming from a family who has been in the politics for such a long time, his father was part of the Liberal party, I think this really affected him.

But what I didn’t expect was how much it would affect me as well. I never felt so much regret and sadness for a politician’s passing, save of course with my father-in-law, Mayor Boy Yason’s.
Such great loss.
Sometimes when we are loss for words in coming up with an explanation or reason for a tragedy (as if there ever was a reason) we always say, “It’s God’s plan.”
Personally, I feel this time somehow, it really is.
Because this tragedy reminded us all what could be.
How much greatness our nation and us, as people are capable of.

It’s so amazing how much inspiration we derive from a tragedy, from a nation’s grief. It only goes to show us how ready we Filipinos are for a change. 

No comments: