Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Hello, August

I'm sorry for the lack of updates.
 I'm trying to be on top of many things right now: a teething 5 and a half-month-old baby coupled with an 80-year-old grandma recuperating from a major surgery while doing projects for a fixer-upper house.

Our house is undergoing some major changes. I am known for being unsentimental in getting rid of things. One of my major stress busters is what I call "therapeutic de-cluttering."
Save for my investment pieces, I don't own anything that's more than three years old. When I buy something, I make sure I give or throw something away. It just makes life so much simpler and easier. When I'm feeling a bit down, de-clutterring makes me feel better all the time.

But unfortunately for me, this is an old house with a history of teenage dramas from my sisters (and I mean you, Tazel) and a semi-hoarder Lady of the house.
Cleaning out things means packing too many photographs and sentimental abubuts from God knows when.
I just found out my sister has kept every little thing from a lifetime ago: ribbons of little trinkets from past crushes to old articles and writings from her h.s. days.
I had to spend a whole day trying to sort out what to throw and what to keep to send her to very new, very shiny abode in Illinois.
My mom on the other hand is a very capable interior decorator who loves to clean all the time but also likes to keep every little thing.
So now, I am tasked to sort everything out and decide what to toss and what to keep and its taking so. much. time.

I only have the weekends to gallivant.
 Last Saturday, we attended the wedding of our friends Albet and Diane.

Since I bring Hunter with me all the time, its flats for me now everyday.


Hunter meeting Zhinny Mikenzie for the first time. What a cutie! Little Z is one of my dearest friend's baby girl.

I think our little guy has a new crush!

Z and Hunter on a date. ;)


Sunday was breakfast at The Pen with Paolo's best buddies. Love these people, I wish we can see them more often.




July was a busy, busy month for me...but a happy, blessed month as well. =)
Cheers for August and to more work and love.

No comments: