Monday, August 15, 2011

What I've been up to.

Hello, world. I'm back from cocooning away. I bought a really cushy, nice mattress topper about two weeks ago that made my bed feel like a quilted marshmallow and truth be told, computing the number of hours I spent the past week on that bed was record-breaking. That includes sleeping, working on my laptop and making a few orders, yes working on my bed: just one of the perks of being my own boss.

But the thing is I was feeling sick and weak the past few days. Coupled that with homesickness and missing my family so much and top it off with rainy afternoons, I had no chance fighting the forces.

When I finally decided to emerge from a hole that I made in my bed, the hubby decided to make me a big, juicy steak. Paolo is a master-griller, in my opinion anyway. He makes the best steak rub that really makes the meat tender, a basic combination of pepper, salt, paprika, secret spices and his own magic. What a way to welcome me back to the flow. This more than made up for the weight I lost while I was sick. *Sigh. =/





I made my loaded mashed potatoes with beef gravy.



We don't go to SM North Edsa as much as I used to when i was younger but decided last Sunday on a whim to drop by again. After getting some sushi and gelato (Cafe Ti Amo's dark chocolate is to die for) I decided to drop by the bookstore in the former SM Annex.

I got three books: Parisian Chic by Ines de La Fressange, The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin and Before Ever After by Samantha Sotto. I'm quite excited with Samantha Sotto's book because I've been reading good reviews about it and the fact that she's an ordinary Pinay housewife whisked to being Internationally published, well I just had to show my support and buy a copy. And of course, since I love notebooks, I had to buy a new Jordi Labanda. I miss writing on my journal and I'm determined to go back to my habit of writing everything on a whim. =)


Inspirations, inspirations. I need a big dose again.

No comments: