Monday, October 24, 2011

It's all about food.

Last week, I suddenly craved for good old smoked ribs, particularly the ones from my Bro-in-law, Kerwin's Mall BQ in Illinois.


I love their recipe because it tastes so simple and straightforward, just basically all about good cooking.
Pao absolutely loves the smoked flavor and we both don't like a lot of sauce on our ribs so Mall BQ's ribs are the best ribs we've had so far.
I really sound like an ad voice over but it's really that good maybe also because we get the best and the first dibs from Kuya Kerwin himself. =)

Anyway, So last week I had this strong craving for some smoked ribs. I really don't know where to find a similar taste like Mall BQ's because all the Smoked Ribs I've tasted so far in Manila were all smothered with thick, sweet sauce (What's up with that?).

After driving around for sometime, Pao and I decided to try out 145° Fahrenheit in IL Terrazo Mall at Tomas Morato.

Their ad says they are "French inspired Neo-American steakhouse that combines excellent food and polished service all in a comfortable atmosphere."

We had the usual soup and salad before the main meal and I can say I really, really liked the house salad as well as the Pumpkin soup, I was tempted to ask for more but had to restrain myself to make some room for my smoked Ribs.

As usual, just as I expected, my BBQ ribs were smothered in thick and sweet sauce. *Sigh.


It was good although not the taste that I was looking for. =/ They have big portions though and I love how the side veggies are perfectly cooked---something that's often overlooked in other restaurants.

Pao's Lamb shank was actually better. I love how the Lamb is perfectly cooked and was delicately flavored, something a Lamb lover appreciates.

For more info about 145° Fahrenheit click here and for the menu, click here.

***********************

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my most fab sister, Tiffany! =* Cheers to another year of adventures, laughters, lessons and Chanel! I love you!

No comments: