Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Organic Soaps

Lately I'm more maarte than usual, that's the only difference I noticed since I got pregnant. =) I'm enjoying dressing up and primping myself while growing bigger by the day.

Since I got pregnant I changed to using Organic soaps. More than the benefits of using something organic and helping mother earth, using organic soaps for some reason makes my baths feel more luxurious and feminine.

So now, I've been hoarding on a lot of handmade soaps. I don't really have a sensitive skin but I've noticed switching to these soaps make my skin so much softer without that tight feeling. I've researched about the difference of using commercial soaps and organic soaps and found out that commercial soaps are almost the same with detergent soaps--they only add moisturizers and scents.

I love, love, love Lush Products, although a bit pricey, I find their soaps really worth the money. The soaps don't lather well but Lush products are quite packed with the moisturizing and organic ingredients. My favorites so far are the Sultana of Soaps and one of their popluar products, Honey, I washed the Kids. This is my favorite scent ever. It didn't smell so good while I was trying it out in the Store probably because of the other strong scents mingling inside the Lush shop (you know this if you pass by any of their stores) but once you lather with this soap in the shower, it's just so amazing.

Since I got pregnant I've also been using Creamy soaps with Cocoa butter such as their Lemslip, A Ring of Roses and body scrub Sugar Babe. I also love their scrub body butters particularly the Aqua Mirabilis.

I really have to restrain myself from hoarding more soaps since organic soaps expire after some time. But once you start, it's hard to stop. It's just so addicting to try out everything! I have so many soaps in my bathroom right now, it's crazy.

After researching about local organic soap brands, I came upon the brand Embodyment. There are a lot of good local brands such as Ilog Maria. I love the Ilog Maria soaps but only get to buy these stuff when I'm in Tagaytay.
I have yet to try the Embodyment soaps that I ordered online. They all smell so yummy too.

So many soaps, so little time! These are just few of my unopened ones since most of them are now sitting in my shower. =)

No comments: