Saturday, January 7, 2012

Random Ramblings

I was reading my past entries and I chanced upon this post I wrote about two years ago.

And now I'm just two months away to giving birth. Time flies so, so fast. I always say, its hard to catch up. You'd think two years takes a while and then suddenly you're there and the situation is so different.

Deciding to give birth in the States for us is not a walk in the park. We are peso earners spending now a serious amount of dollars since we don't have US medical insurance.
Giving birth here costs way more than triple of what I would spend back in the Philippines in a top hospital not to mention the prenatal care and pedia costs.

But then you can't really put a price tag with wanting the best for your child. One can't only just wish and pray for the best but one has to do the work part. I've always known in my heart this is the best choice for us since my whole family is here and my nephew (thus the possibility of genetic connection) was born with a heart condition and thankfully was treated because of the advanced technology here.

Now connecting the dots, I've never been more thankful and happier that we had the privilege of waiting and preparing in all aspects--physically, financially and emotionally for this baby. I am more excited than ever.

One thing that I've always known but was reiterated to me more with this situation is there is really time for everything.

So I tell my friends, next time when well-meaning people indirectly bug you by asking "when are you getting married," "when are you having a baby", etc etc. Just smile, don't be pressured and take it all in a stride then say "You'll definitely know when the time comes." :)

No comments: