Thursday, August 2, 2012

House Updates

I have blogged several weeks ago how I wanted a new cream sofa. Something that's much more apt for our tiny receiving room.
Several weeks later, I have this clean, cream piece.

Its actually a reworked piece from our old sofa set. I had a it scaled to a more appropriate size for our living room, re-stuffed and reupholstered. I requested for a very clean yet plump design that means no buttons, no extra tweakings and details.

This one I love, it looks a bit lumpy on the photo, but its actually very comfy. I had this made initially fro my office area hence the color but decided that it will look better in Hunter's play area. I imagine it will be our Giant cuddle chair for afternoon readings. =)
I hope to be done with Hunter's playroom this weekend.

This one's my favorite. Breathing new life to your old furniture set isn't really as hard.
I don't have a before photo of this coffee table set but the wood used to have that dated cherry brown coloring with floral (yikes!) fabric.
I had it repainted and stained to a brown-black glossy shade, a bit darker than Wengue. I find this shade makes everything look more modern.
I chose a Grey Blue thick fabric to replace the old one. I love it! I think I'll be using this in the afternoons answering emails since its just a few paces away from my office nook.
Hello, Hunter!


I had to stick to classic, clean styles which translates to boring for others but I'm working on an old house with old furniture.
That means working on what we already have. I think the interesting part about these little projects is the fact that we are a young couple, a young family working on a fixer upper, an old house with old things and with a history that I'm a big part of.
I still want to hold on to some elements that made this house my home when I was little and just breathe in a few things that will update everything else.
More updates soon! =)

No comments: