Friday, August 22, 2008

Francesca Dominique Perez Lorenzo



She's here! August 21, 2008. At last.


It was an intense and emotional delivery. 2 days of labor for a 9.5 heavyweight. Yet when we finally heard her cry and saw her beautiful face, we knew it was all worth it.

It's still a bit surreal and I must admit, still a little weird witnessing my sisters giving birth. The very ones you grew up with, fought with, played with and shared secrets with are now mommies. This time, I was with my Ate Vi every step of the way. I felt every push and felt every ache with her. I always knew I'll be with her on this yet I was also thinking, my what am I doing here? I was with her at the Operating room and though I've witnessed births before, its different when its your sister. It was rather fast or maybe it was just so for those of us who are at the center of the story. Yet every second was so strong and vivid.


I was the first one to hold my baby niece, first one who called her by her name, first one who changed her diaper and first one who fed her. Though it will still be quite a while before I get one of my own, I somehow understand now with my little nieces Yanca and Chesca how truly magical the whole experience is.

No comments: