Friday, August 29, 2008

glossy perspective


Lately I’m having quite a dilemma while shopping. Being incurably girly, I always tend to choose various shades of pinks and printed stuff that lately I’m realizing I should purge a little from my closet. Up until two years ago when people ask me how old I was, and I say 22, the usual reply would be I still have the rest of my life ahead of me. Now, I’m beginning to feel a little disturbed that their replies vary from concerned albeit annoying questions like what do I do or If I’m married already.

This particular alarm rang this afternoon while I was out shopping for a lip gloss. Lip glosses are one of those things that have “age-appropriate” categories. For as long as I can remember I’ve always loved lip glosses and used to mix my mama’s lipsticks with a pot of petroleum jelly when I was younger (bacteria culture, hello!). I realized I’ve never owned a lipstick in my life and I don’t intend to in the near future. I notice I always end up looking so chola with matte lipsticks on. While I was browsing thru the make-up racks this afternoon, I observed I always make a beeline to the lip gloss section and flavors will always be a plus factor. This time, I’m obsessed with trying out all the 24 shades of VS’ Beauty Rush. The lg colors are so varied its more like choosing jelly bean candies and I love it! Not as expensive as Lancome Juicy Tubes or MAC Lipglass but good enough. I like how they smell so good as well. I figured I still have a good six more years (at least!) as a lip gloss connoisseur and I intend to enjoy every sticky moment.

No comments: