Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Finally found a bit of some sane time to squeeze in a few thoughts here.

I've never been this busy, busy, busy ever! Even when I was in the Corporate world, it was never this busy.
That's mainly because I don't have the shut down button after work anymore. Sometimes, I wake up at 3 a.m. worrying about deadlines or exorbitant custom tax fees.

I've been running around since Tuesday and I'm not even halfway done. Sadly, we will just be dreaming again about a White Christmas (it snowed for the first time in Chicago yesterday--its officially winter), but this time it is all because of me.
I realized I have been more focused the past months with my designs, creating new stuff and expanding my shop that I neglected the legal aspect of growing a business.

Now, I am just catching up with my papers, permits, taxes and registrations and I've never been so happy to have a licensed accountant and soon-to-be lawyer as my sister-in-law. I am getting a crash course in business and other basic stuff that I must know. Good thing I had the hubby with me the last two days to help me wade through the BIR jungle and when my eyes glazed over the umpteenth form and contracts I had to sign.

My big accounts came in for Christmas and a Corporate account for the first quarter of the year. My two collections are sold out even with my resellers and consignees and tomorrow is signing of a big contract (fingers crossed). I am really tired, but thankful. I am praying with all might that this will prove to be all worth it. When a door closes, God opens a window.

In my case, the door was unceremoniously slammed shut, a big, big window flew open.

No comments: