Thursday, December 2, 2010

The story behind the opaque emeralds

If I knew that this piece would create such stir among my best clients, I would have brought with me more. *Sigh.

I saw this piece along Canton road. It's so much pricier than my usual pieces and I debated for a while whether to get it or not. Opaque Emeralds are not as valuable as the polished deep green Emeralds. Just like Diamonds, the cloudier and the more inclusions they have, the less valuable the stones are. But they are pricier than the usual semi-precious stones.
As I was trying my best to haggle with the shopkeeper, I decided it is my birthstone and it is an investment piece. I would try selling it but since it will be more expensive, I didn't count on having any takers.

Now, I realllly regret not getting another strand.
Sometimes, I still get surprised having clients with a really good eye when it comes to crystals and stones. Three of my best clients who are collectors zeroed in on this piece even though I only included it in my New Stones Album without much hoohahs like the way I advertised my Ametrines.

I never get attached with my pieces, I do wear my best stones from time to time but right now, for the first time, I am a bit sad to let go of this piece!
*Sigh.


By the by, I am so happy to announce that Charmed Life by Ysa Yason is now offering the option to set your stones in real Gold plating.


No comments: