Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Gayuma at iba pa.

Last Tuesday, I wanted to try an aphrosidiac concept resto, Gayuma ni Maria, an Atenean turf in Maginhawa St. I was curious more than anything else about the kitschy-named dishes.




Pao tried "My Country-Side Fling" which is basically just pork ribs. Nothing Special, I had better.


He also ordered "Exotic Lover" which is Spaghetti with Tulis fish, capers and herbs--it was our favorite among all three orders.


As for me, I ordered something new. "Once You Go Black, You Never Go Back" sounds interesting. It's cocoa-crusted cream Dory fish with Chocolate sauce and mustard. It was an adventure for my taste buds, it wasn't bad...I just don't think I'll be ordering it again.


It was an interesting...but forgettable dinner. :/

********

Last night I was suppoused to meet up with my College best buddies, the Spanish SeƱorita, Monika and our Alan Bibo for a jogging date at UPD.
But my day ended late since I was rushing to finish something for a client, I was only able to join them for a late dinner. It was a busy, busy day. Good thing I have great help.

*Sigh. Nevertheless, it was a fun evening. Sometimes you only realize how old you are when you see your old friends grow up and become different from how you're used to with them.

No comments: