Monday, November 24, 2008


The past few months are undeniably the most life-changing for me and my family. I got engaged, Cheska arrived, my sister got married and a few months after has gotten pregnant, my other sister moved to another state. The next few months will be even more life-changing. I’ll be leaving life as I know it, I’ll be leaving my childhood home, I’ll be saying farewell (At least for now) to my mama and papa and my imbentor mills… I will be getting married.


It is bittersweet but I am glad I am experiencing this feeling. Not everyone gets to savor life’s intricacies. Amidst all the sadness I was feeling this morning because I will be away again from my sisters, I realized I prefer that life is this way, constantly growing, than be left alone as the world moves on. I am scared and a bit saddened about the changes but more excited than anything else and I wish nothing more than to always feel this way in all the stages of my life.
I must admit it is at times really scary. I guess indefinite and unfamiliar things can be quite unsettling but then changes are always like that. We are all evolving. Life is indeed a cycle. As I look for a new normal in my life I couldn’t help but wonder in awe as I see the last leaves fall in our front lawn: the next time that tree would be in its full glory again, I’ll be a Mrs. Yason.


POSTNOTE: Thanks to my sisters, my soulmates, my bestest friends for life. A SPECIAL SHOUT-OUT TO THE MOST SUPERB PERSON IN MY LIFE, MY ATE VI. I had the greatest time. I will miss you so much. Leaving hurts already but I know that having you guys every step makes everything easier. Having sisters is the best thing in the world. Our dreams are coming true and its 100 times sweeter because we get to share everything with each other.
I love you all so much.

No comments: