Friday, January 8, 2010

IT TAKES ALL KINDS TO MAKE A WORLD.

As people know now, I have a multiply site for the accessories I create. My account serves mostly as an online catalogue more than anything else. The bulk of my business comes from resellers and bulk orders but I get an individual order online every now and then. I like multiply because I get to meet new people and other online entrepreneurs as well. I was surfing a while ago and I came upon this particular seller with a comprehensive Bogus Buyer folder. Every now and then, I see this in many multiply sellers but I never really felt the urge to make one myself. This particular seller was spewing mad about a buyer who supposedly wasn’t able to pay for an item. My only take is, if the item wasn’t shipped yet and no damage has been done, why go with all the trouble of humiliating and posting a person’s picture? I think as a seller, we all have the responsibility of answering a potential client’s questions and concerns after all, these are their hard-earned money we are talking about. As a seller and artist, you just put out your wares the best way you can and it’s still up to the people if they want to purchase or not. I think that is the same thing when we go to the malls and try out clothes or shoes or whatever, that doesn’t necessarily mean you are out there to buy an item. I’ve encountered different kinds online, but I try to be polite, accommodating and professional as possible. In the end, I think that’s the closing deal for most people.

I felt the need to write this because I felt so saddened by that folder posted by the seller spewing so much obscenities and hatred. The disgusting part is, there were 500 plus comments of other girls spewing hatred, malice and laughing at the girl’s pictures. They don’t even know the whole story! I do feel for the seller’s predicament but I just thought it went a little too far. The situation could have been handled better. And I feel even more disappointed about those comments posted by other people who are in no way connected to the situation at all.

Bottomline, be nice people! I still believe that being kind is sometimes far more important than being right…

No comments: