Thursday, January 7, 2010

kapeesh.

I’m bug-eyed about all the things I’m learning when exposed to the other side of life. Being left with my parents’ house and business didn’t seem to look too much work and then I get to learn about all the dramas surrounding the tenants and I asked myself, really, these things happen everyday? I’m compelled to listen about their frustrations and bickering and the funny thing about it is these things don’t concern me at all. I think they like the idea of having a young “landlord,” and I do appreciate that this is their way of bonding with me but really the things reported to me are the most mundane ever. To reiterate my point, today’s problem is the case of the missing Rebond shampoo from one of the tenants. Sometimes they are so unbelievably funny, I want to cry. Good thing we have a solid yaya Lulu who does all the screening. I mean, I would gladly listen and help if they are about the maintenance of the place or the electricity or even upgrades and repairs. But, really, please spare me the details about the missing shampoo or your great dislike for the new maid of the other tenant. It's not even a matter of security but a power struggle between two of our tenants. Some serious politics here, yes siree. Somewhere along the way, I witlessly and involuntarily became a sort of sounding board or shrink. I swear, I know more than I should about the lives of these people.

*Sigh. Anyway, I love going to and from two houses right now, it makes me feel detached from all these frivolities and hoohahs when they get really intense. I admit it’s difficult at times to spend 3 days in our house and then the rest of the week at my parents’ house alone but it does have its perks. A change of environment either makes one more productive or relaxed. Right now, I think I need to be the latter: Time to pack up and leave.

Thank you very much.

No comments: