Thursday, January 28, 2010

Passive-Aggressive.



I told myself I wouldn’t be writing so much negativity in my blog this year but I just couldn’t let this one pass up.

I was chatting with this girl when our talk turned to bags, Louis Vuitton in particular. She was feigning nonchalance about my supposed amateur penchant for LV’s and at the same time astonishment that I buy them brand-new. “You can never be sure buying original ones here. You should buy vintage ones or buy them abroad, so you can be sure they are really genuine.”

Well, Girly, I buy mine brand-new in The Louis Vuitton Store here so I can be sure they are really genuine.

Then she dropped the first bomb.

“I don’t know… LV’s kasi are so common, parang baduy…”

This, Ladies and Gentlemen coming from someone who doesn’t even own a thread of a Louis Vuitton.

She explained further, with a wrinkle of her nose and slight smirk: “LV’s kasi remind me of balikbayan nurses.” She giggled. This time she either slipped or this comment was a thinly-veiled, well rehearsed attack.

“Nurses kasi in the States, they all have Louis Vuittons. It’s so funny, they have the same bags, and you’ll know she’s a nurse if she’s sporting a starter Louis Vuitton.”

That is why it’s baduy. I found out. My heart stopped. I think I had to pick up my jaws from the floor. I wasn’t able to give a cutting remark which I am more well-known for due to the extreme shock of such audacity.

She said that to a double degree holder, a proud Nursing graduate with two sisters who are both proud and successful nurses as well.


I know, you are reading this. Well, sweetheart: let me tell you, Maybe it’s because it’s only those nurses who can afford them. *insert 3 snaps in the air*

In the meantime, go to Greenhills, buy yourself a more sushyal shyanel, with a big buckle ha? Then pound it on your head, oke?

Thank you very much.


Mabuhay ang mga narsissa!!!

No comments: