Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Can I just say these things please?


And it is my blog so I can write anything I want, if you have a problem with that or with any sort of marital mush, I warn you. Leave now.

I remember seeing my husband rush home from work, from an important meeting, from his OWN presentation, midday when I called him teary-eyed that day, the 24th of June 2009.

I remember seeing him leave at 5 am every morning from Bulacan to work in Ortigas and back in the evening, sleeping on the floor. For three days straight.

I remember him helping out during those grief-stricken days. Like a real "apo". Sleepy-eyed, straight from work. Tired from sleeping on the floor.

I remember looking at my husband at 3.30 in the morning, on our way to drop off MY relatives to the airport on a weekday.

I remember him spending the weekend, his rest days cooking for MY lola.

I remember him painting our room in p8 in the shade that I searched high and low for: Willow Brook Blue--All on his own, with no professional help. Just because IT IS MY shade--and he does it better than anyone else.

I remember seeing him carefully printing and assembling each page of every misalette for MY sisters' weddings.

I remember waking up at 2 am and seeing him piled up in front of his laptop--finishing reports and presentations to help out a very clueless FORMER colleague.

I remember him surprising me with an engagement ring of my dreams (twice!) and encouraging me to buy my designer wedding gown---but opting to wear his old black pants on our wedding just so we can be "practical."

I remember while we were still dating, seeing him in the evening with tired, tired eyes because he drove for his family the whole day on a Sunday.

I remember him cooking in the kitchen, helping out at my little brother's birthday while everyone was outside having fun...
He is always on the sideline, always behind the scenes. Never too pompous with his actions nor words
but always doing what's substantial.


And the best part is, I never for once heard him complain...nor brag about these things. NEVER EVER. Not one word. He does these things not to gain praise. I realized this a long time ago and I must admit with some exasperation---
thats just the way he is.

He is kind and he is quiet in his kindness
(So I guess, I'll be the one to make some noise).

But I do notice, Paolo. I do. Even if others don't, I do see them very clearly.

The littlest things make me realize I have chosen well.

Or rather, God has blessed me really well.

No comments: