Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Off to a day of Camera Shopping

I will be needing a new camera for the coming days. I've been thinking of purchasing one for quite a few days already but decided I need one since my old camera is conking out. I love my point and shoot and just like my cellphone, I bring it everywhere with me but a more professional camera is always a necessity because of my business. I work with a camera everyday to take photos of my wares to post online.

Here are the top contenders:

Canon EOS line

"The EOS D cameras boast some of the fastest frame- and burst-rates of any dSLR on the market, improved noise reduction at all ISO levels, are equipped with large, vibrant LCD that are thoroughly exploited by the Live View function that many of these cameras have."
I have always been a Canon Fan. I tried out other brands before but Canon for me is the best. Just like a Nokia phone, I keep coming back to Canon because personally, its just so much easier to use (keep in mind this is coming from the least tech-y person). The hubby is leaning towards this line, the only SLR among my choices but since I won't be taking moving photos and long distance shots, I am still contemplating if this one's a good choice for me. Although I'm convinced this one's the most practical.

Lumix FZ line

Lumix FZ is a bridge camera between a DSLR and a compact camera but neither of the two. The reason I considered this is because of the Leica lens. The "superzoom" capabilities is really attractive. I'm forever trying to take photos of my beads' natural veining and this requires macro setting.

Canon G11

This one I really like. Aside from it being smaller and more compact, it has video capabilities as well. Although unlike SLRs, I won't be able to change the lens. Its basically a ps camera that makes you feel almost like a professional. :) Its for those who are looking for a more compact design with SLR functionality. Hmmm...this seems to be calling out more loudly. Although I already have two point and shoot Canon cameras which I am pretty satisfied with. Buying this one would be a bit of an excess.

Off to my mission! I hope I'll be able to get the right one for me.=)

No comments: