Monday, June 30, 2008

sugar for the brain

After more than a 2 week hiatus from all the wedding planning, I received frantic messages this afternoon from my sister, prompting my butt to get back in action. I guess after all these wedding planning hoohahs, I realized what really matters is I will be marrying the only man I can imagine myself getting married to, my bestfriend. And right now the perfect design for the cascading sugar flowers on nth layers of cake don't seem to matter that much... well, at least for now.

I just finished reading Volume II of Sherlock Holmes stories, I can't wait to start on the first two novels plus the first complete volume published. I know it's a bit too highschool, I'm no classic connoisseur but not everyone has read the complete volume. Unlike my sisters, I can't for the life of me, stand reading historical romance novels unless its Amanda Quick mainly because of the mysteries infused with the love stories. Sorry Ate hon, but I just cant stand too naive (to the point of stupidity) heroines who manage to get (always) the dark and brooding, mysterious, testosterone-laden hero in the end. But I do read these brain junkfood once in a while. Just like candies, sometimes you just need something to chew on mindlessly. I guess what I like about Amanda Quick's girls is the fact that they are a bit older (at least 24) with character: fiery and amusing. They are not necessarily always the prettiest or the most beautiful, in fact they are considered Originals in the ton...and I like that. But at any rate, I'll rather be curled up with Sir Arthur Conan Doyle all afternoon than anyone else for that matter.

No comments: