Wednesday, January 26, 2011

I miss my house elf...(Kuya Josh)

I'm in a decorating mood these days. I have so many projects for the house lined up, I don't know where to start.

1. I want to redecorate my old room that I turned into my little workshop/day room. I spend at least 12 hours in that room, sometimes taking my lunch there as well. Its already complete and we had it painted with a beautiful and calming light blue shade but right now it feels too "industrial" with all the tools and raw materials strewn all over the place. I really want a new daybed for this room. Probably something like this:


We have the same wall colors and I'm liking the white accents. I need a light, airy room since I spend most of my hours cooped inside.

2. I want to convert the mini lounge space we have downstairs that we rarely use to a little showroom just so my stuff wouldn't be all over the house. I'm planning to install shelves and art pieces so it won't just be a space for my creations but a hodgepodge of beautiful things that inspire me. Right now, the room serves no purpose at all and it'll be such a waste not to use that space for something nice. =)

3. I need to do something about our kitchen. But right now, I am not yet sure how to go on about it.

House projects are fun especially when they are done little by little.
Right now we are staying in our old house in P8 where I grew up but so many things have changed over the years, it sort of feels new and somehow evolving with us as a couple.

Pao and I love Home improvement projects so much. We get all giddy planning (and dreaming) about house stuff like installations, new decorations, re-building the house and even the nasty stuff like maintenance and fix ups.

I used to feel not being at home in any place after I got married because of this "transition period" I have in my head, such awareness that gnaws at me especially at times when I get too comfortable here.
I used to think, my home is somewhere else, maybe in another country far away. I've always thought of it that way, not knowing all along, I'm home.

And there's no place in the world like home. =)

No comments: