Tuesday, January 4, 2011

This is the year to BE...



I went out with PJMA (Phil. Junior Marketing Assoc) Officers batch 2005 for some catch ups. I consider them as my college buddies even though we all graduated from different Universities.

There are sub-groups and cliques we always find ourselves being part of in any situation. As I always say, it will always be high school. You know those types who like to be friends who look like them or are equally gorgeous as they are or maybe with the same get-up or "air."

I for one, never choose who I become friends with but I really have a very tight inner group. My best friends are the same ones I had since I was thirteen years old or younger.
Now that I'm a grown-up (or at least trying to be) I am slowly realizing that I'm drawn to people who are highly driven. I guess it makes me feel like a slacker to see people my age achieving so many things already at this point in their lives and thus that motivates me to work harder and find my own niche. Thinking about it, I guess I'm just very proud to say that all of my close friends are really passionate individuals who excel in their fields. They are not necessarily brain surgeons or rocket scientists but just basically people who always strive for the best in anything they do.

****

Anyway 2011 came in straight with a thud. The second day of the year, I already found myself working on a lot of things. Presently, I am trying to close two new brand ambassadors and I am just soooo excited to share who these two girls are...soon.
Unlike most charms and accessory brands, I don't want to go mainstream with "artistas." But I assure you that these two girls are young, highly-driven and quite known in their respective fields. One is a top fashion blogger for the younger segment, also designer/stylist for a dept. store brand and writer for Phil. Inquirer. The other girl is a young heartthrob sportscaster and TV host. ;D
Two very talented, exclusive and driven girls who I am totally proud of.

I am also excited about some new projects lined up both in my business and in the homefront. I didn't make a new year's resolution but a TO-DO list for this year which is mainly about the business and fixing the house.
The campaign that I am involved with for a beauty brand had been moved for early March instead of January. I just hope that everything will work out according to my schedule so I can finally fly home to my family.

Hay, 2011 be good to me. :)

No comments: