Monday, May 18, 2009

Chocolate Kiss





I’ve always loved Chocolate Kiss inside the Bahay ng Alumni in UP Diliman Campus. We still go back every now and then and every time, I always wonder how many of those inside are really from UP. You see, I don’t think it is still a well kept secret since the place is always jam-packed even on weekdays considering the location is in the middle of a dead place at night. I first learned of Chokiss on my sophomore year when I had my introduction dinner with a certain Sorority sponsoring my pledge for a membership. I only ordered fruits and yogurt back then because I was nervous. I remember I so wanted to be a part of that sorority because my papa who is also from UP encouraged me and wanted me to be a sis of that particular sorority that was strictly by invitation only. Well, that didn’t work out since I dropped out on my initiation. I vowed the next time I go back to Chokiss, I’m going to order heaps. My second time with Chokiss was with Paolo and Pao’s brother, John who is a heartthrob professor in UP ;) I remembered ordering Chicken a la Kiev and though I’ve tried all the other entrees after that, it became my fave up until this day.
I sooo love their iced tea as well that doesn’t taste fake and powdery like the ones they serve in Louis Vuitton in Greenbelt. I was shocked considering, hello; powdered nestea is not really an epitome of luxury. But I digress; anyway their French Onion Soup is also lovely. The devil cake and the Dayap cake are my absolute dessert faves. Good thing I can still enjoy these without an I.D., though like every iska, I know my student number by heart. Its 10581. I won’t say what year though. ;)

No comments: