Thursday, September 1, 2011

fake lashes, real lashes, vain post

I'm still on my quest of finding the best mascara to rehabilitate my sparse, abused lashes. Months ago, I had the great idea of having eyelash extensions that made my real lashes fall off. Eyelash extension is nice for special occasions but I found out painfully (literally and figuratively) the price to pay when you are not careful like I am in maintaining your falsies.


I covet my husband's lashes. He has the longest, thickest lashes I know. Such a waste on a man, really.

During the first few days of extreme desperation seeing most of my lashes fall off, I bought a Japanese brand of eyelash grower. I'm not really sure what its brand name is but its one of those small, small tubes with a white and almost iridescent pink sheen that can only be bought online. It was ridiculously priced at PhP 1,600 for a very, very small tube of serum that lasted only days. Needless to say, I didn't really see much difference at all.

I tried using L'Oreal Renewal Lash Serum. It has a tipped wand to easily coat the thinnest and shortest strands. I use it as a base coat and somehow it helps thicken whatever mascara I'm using. I noticed my lashes got darker after a few days but length-wise, there is not much difference. Overall, it's a good buy and a good base coat without the heaviness.


Of all the things that I tried, what worked the best for me is Revlon's Grow Luscious Mascara especially the original version and not the new Volumizing formula. I really noticed my lashes grow thicker and much stronger a few days after using it on its own, no base coat or lash serum.


Pardon me, I just thought about posting this utterly vain entry as I was searching this afternoon for a good eyelash grower/thickener that's locally available. I just hope they don't discontinue the Revlon Grow Luscious until I find The One. =/

2 comments:

Tets said...

Isabel! Waahh, same boat. I had fake lashes also, and now I'm struggling because my lashes aren't the same after :( Will try Revlon as well. Keep me updated please when you find a good product na!

P.S. Congrats to the soon to be mom. :) God bless.

isabel said...

Tets! So nice to see you here! I'm going to buy a Majolica Majorca Lash Expander, good luck naman kung may paglalagyan pa ng mascara!