Saturday, September 3, 2011

Ramblings

This is not an entertainment blog. This is an online journal. It’s all about me. And when I need to vent, I sure will.

I’ve long come to realize I’m a sweet person…but awfully expressive (as Pao coins it) and straightforward as well. So when I need and want something, I don’t go beat around the bush and I say it out loud and clearly, sweetly. Although I’m afraid, this is not one of those times.

What I hate most is a sense of entitlement, like an old lady who smugly cuts in front of the line. I love old people and on another day, I would have given up my turn if she asked me sweetly. It’s like having your kids throw a fit when they want you to go somewhere or buy something. Ask me sweetly, and my heart will melt. I’m really a sucker at some level.

Demand something from me and you will be butting heads with a brick wall. Ask something from me pleasantly and with honesty and almost often than not, I’ll do my best to be able to provide it.

When I say, “I’m busy”, I really am. It’s not one of those liners people like to say to make them seem interesting and elusive. No, I really am a busy person. I own my time, yes, but I don’t also follow an 8 to 5er. When I need to finish something until 3 am, I would. When I need to give up my weekends to finish a 70 plus uniform orders of wedding giveaways, I would.

I like to share, I really do. It’s just that giving is not something I talk about.
I’m actually quite generous with my things and money…to people who need it more.
Being generous with time is another story, altogether. Heck, it even took me more than two years to find time to visit my family.

It’s not just about being busy, its just that on my down time I’d rather sleep away the hours or spend a quiet time with my husband (who is even busier than I am) more than anything else but our house is open anytime. I’d rather be the one accepting visitors than do the visiting myself. You make the effort to be with me and I'll do the rest. It's a two-way street.

Although, I have a good husband who provides well for the necessities, I earn my right to buy the things I want. I work hard for them. I work hard to contribute, and I do contribute well.
Although I consider marrying well a feat in itself, being able to provide your own and buy the things you want without asking any man is a bigger feat.

Right now, I am blessed with the generosity of so many people in my life. Everyday I thank the Lord because I had been so lucky with the kind of family I came from. It had been easier for me because of them.

I never had to marry for no other reason than because I’m truly and genuinely in love.
So no, I’m not a woman of leisure who just gleefully spends all her husband’s money with her time.

That may be something to brag about in some other parts of the world…but not in mine.

Entitlement is only for those people who earn it.

2 comments:

MARIEL CRUZ said...

very true it is as well in my part of the world.:)

isabel said...

Hi Mariel! Yup, Yay to us independent girlies! =)