Monday, September 5, 2011

Good vibes, Good start

Yesterday, my mother-in-law stayed for the night and it was a welcome change in our routine. Funny how we notice the littlest details in the house when the MIL visits. But she is a dear and it doesn't take too much to entertain her. I really should start with all the house projects I've been putting off. We're halfway done with the de-clutterring mode.

I didn't know that two and half years of being married we have accumulated that so much stuff! Time to edit.

I have been cooking the past few days as I have promised and I whipped up Garlic Noodles and Adobo. My recipe is Paolo's absolute favorite. I make a twice-cooked Adobo and use Balsamic Vinegar and Olive Oil with my recipe. Adobo has that sort-of Universal taste so I also pair it up with Garlic Noodles for non-rice eaters. Garlic Noodle recipe is just basically Olive Oil, Chopped Garlic, Pepper and Spices and I also use Thyme sparingly.





I love Caesar salad and I make my own salad dressing. I use 1 cup of mayonnaise, 1 tbsp lemon juice, 1 tsp of Worchestechire, 2 tbsp of Dijon Mustard, 2 tbsp of half and half, 1 clove of garlic minced, salt and pepper and mix them all together in the food processor. Voila! Your very own Caesar Salad dressing.



My happy hubby. Adobo is the way to his heart. =))

2 comments:

Mrs. T said...

This twice cooked adobo made me HUNGRY.

isabel said...

Haha, hey pretty! =) Nice to see you dropping by!